Hi all,
After the hardcore post I placed on Saturday, today I just want to do a short one. And I want to write in English since that's the language where most of the songs that lift me up were created.
Today I was driving back from Hünenberg after a tiring working day. My spirits have been a little bit low after some recent events last weekend (some problems with my car that I'll tell you later on and great news from some friends I missed that are in the process of something very great in their lives). But, all of a sudden, a song from Linkin Park started to lift me up as it does each time I listen to it: "Shadows of today". Thus, I want to invite you all to share with me a minimum of five songs that really lift you up when you're a little bit down. This is my brief list (it could be longer but I don't want you to get tired of my blog, :-):
1.- "Shadows of today" by Linkin Park.
2.- "Clocks" by Coldplay.
3.- "Violet Hill" by Coldplay.
4.- "You gotta be" by Melissa Desiree.
5.- "Sweet Bitter Symphony" by The Verve.
So what, do you wanna play?
PS: I've written this after having a lovely 2 Caps beer. Thanks, Mr. Smiley!
PS1: No matter what you're going through, the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
11 comentaris:
Mentre em penso les cançons de la meva llista,et deixo amb l'homenatge que Coldplay han volgut fer a Depeche Mode. El vídeo la fet Anton Corbjin, el responsable d'imatge de Depeche i U2.
http://www.coldplay.com/vivavideo2.php
Well I would definitely NOT play the fucking The Verve song :)
But let me think about the other five.
my five "Songs that lift u up":
- Where the streets have no name - U2
- White shadows - Coldplay
- Mary's place - Bruce
- Bad day - REM
- Between my legs- Rufus Wainwhright
mmmm, may be the following ones (between many others):
- Hey boy, hey girl - Chemical Brothers
- Where the streets have no name - U2
- City of blinding lights - U2
- Vertigo - U2
- Clocks - Coldplay
Ho sento, però aquí la malaltia tira massa.
Ok let's go...
1. "My Michelle" Guns N'Roses
2. "Red Hill Mining Town" U2
3. "Three Days" Jane's Addiction
4. "Three is a magic number" Blind Melon
5. "Ace of Spades" Motorhead
But anyhow, I can think of at least 20 extra options easily...
A Mr. Abbot:
Veig que el Joshua Tree que et va regalar Mr. Float en el teu 30 aniversari, s'ha fet un lloc en la teva selecció musical!! No cal dir que és un dels millors discos de l'història de la música.
I recordeu passar de tant en tant per www.u2barcelona.com
Vaja, vaja, veig que hauré de posar l'emule aviat per aconseguir les cançons que esteu dient i poder opinar, :-)
For a moment I thought I was going to see the infamous sketch of "eau de Caminal" in YouTube...
I'd say I don't use any song to lift me up, but instead I use them to bang me down... Don't take it personally, though; you know me quite well. Five songs I hear when I'm down are:
1.- Paint it black - Rolling Stones
2.- Five to one - The Doors
3.- Cadillac solitario - Loquillo
4.- One - U2 (just a wink for Mr Float)
5.- Welcome to my life - Simple plan (just to let you know that I know some song from this century)
I could put tens more...
I already had Joshua Tree in casette from the 80's and I knew the song from then. Luckily Mr.Float gave me th opportunity to listen to it again in CD quality :) Thx!
Mr.Smiley, that is a completely different list to think about!
Estic emocionat de veure que U2 és l'únic grup que surt a totes les llistes (menys a la del Palau).
:-)
Simpathy 4 the devil-Rolling Stones
Break on Through-The Doors
Satisfy my mind-The Greenhornes
Carmensita-Devendra Banhart
Where is my mind-Pixies
There are no U2 songs,mister Float...it's easy.
Publica un comentari a l'entrada